Agrotek Vaporized Sulphur 99% 22.68kg
Over-fertilization, excessive rainfall leaching or long-term crop removal can deplete sulfur from soil. Adding some can help when the PH levels of the soil are too high (alkaline) or too low (acidic). Here are the ways sulfur benefits soil:
- Increased soil biodiversity. Biodiversity is important for the overall health of soil, because it helps create a balanced and healthy ecosystem. Different types of bacteria, fungi, and other microorganisms can help to break down organic matter and make nutrients available to plants.
- Improved soil structure. Sulfur helps form aggregates, clumps of soil particles held together by natural substances such as mucilage, waxes, or gums. They’re important for soil health because they provide stability and allow water and air to penetrate more easily.
- Enhanced nutrient availability. Sulfur helps soil particles to bind together, making it easier for plants to draw nutrients.
- Improved plant growth. Sulfur provides plants with essential nutrients. It’s important for the development of chlorophyll, to better absorb light energy from the sun. This results in improved photosynthesis and growth rates.
- Increased resistance to pests and diseases. Sulfur helps create a stronger immune system, making the plant harder for pests and diseases to attack.