Athena Cleanse is made from the ideal (and safe) root zone optimizing agents–Hypochlorous acid. This safe and mild acid is derived from salt and a proprietary electrochemical treatment process. The result is a unique, plant-safe chemical with powerful oxidative properties to keep your root zone clean and free of unwanted organisms and buildup. These special properties improve both mineral and oxygen availability in the growing media.
- Non-toxic – Safe to use on plants in any stage of growth
- Neutral pH – Won’t affect solution stability
- Increases Oxidation-Reduction Potential (ORP)
- Breaks down scale – Keeps irrigation systems in pristine condition
- Reduces biofilm – Keep lines clear of dangerous organic material
- Very low TDS – Doesn’t throw off mineral balance
- Promotes robust root growth
- Effective as a final flush to clean growing media
- Keeps irrigation system cleaner and running efficiently longer
- Reduces mineral buildup in media and lines
- Increases oxygen and nutrient availability in growing media
Irrigation systems that are regularly maintained with Athena Cleanse treatment will last longer, and run more optimally throughout. This is because Cleanse helps break down scale, mineral buildup, and other organic matter that has been lodged in the system.
Use a dilute mixture of 2-5 mL per gallon water for regular maintenance.
Increase rate to 5-10 mL per gallon water for combatting severe reservoir and growing media conditions.